Your air ducts are responsible for moving central heating and AC throughout your home and ensuring that your house is as comfortable as possible all year long. Though air ducts don’t require a ton of maintenance, which is nice for homeowners, they should be cleaned for a variety of reasons.
Experts recommend cleaning your air ducts in Weber County, UT every three to five years. That’s not a hard and fast rule, though—keep reading to learn more about air duct cleaning and why you should consider scheduling this service today.
What factors affect the cleaning schedule?
You shouldn’t always wait three to five years to have your ducts cleaned. These are some of the cases in which you might want to consider having them cleaned more often:
- Shedding pets: We love our pets, but all of that pet hair and dander can be a nightmare. That shedding hair doesn’t just stick to your clothes and furniture—it often floats up into your ducts, accumulates and causes clogs. You might want to consider having your ducts cleaned sooner rather than later if you have a couple of shedding pets running around.
- Recent construction/remodeling: If you’ve ever gone through a home addition or remodel, you know what it’s like to have sawdust and construction dust everywhere. You can wipe down your counters and clean the floors to your heart’s content, but that debris will still be up in your ductwork. The only way to get rid of it and truly have a clean home is to schedule duct cleaning.
- Moving into a new home: One of the first things you should consider after moving is having the air ducts cleaned. You never know when the last homeowner had it done, so it’s a good idea to take care of it as soon as possible instead of waiting three more years.
Do my air ducts need to be cleaned now?
If there’s one good thing about dirty air ducts, it’s that they show signs that they need to be cleaned! Here are a couple of those signs:
- Constant dust: Do you find yourself sweeping, wiping and vacuuming every day, and still see dust all over your surfaces? If so, it’s probably not that you’re bad at cleaning—you probably have dirty air ducts that are blowing that dust everywhere! The only way to correct that issue is to schedule air duct cleaning. Our pros will get rid of all the dust in your air ducts, leaving you with a much cleaner home.
- Allergy issues: Living with a runny nose and itchy eyes is a real drag. It’s also easily preventable by cleaning out your air ducts. Professional cleaning will get rid of the dust, mold and pet dander up in your ducts that often cause those allergy symptoms.
- Rising energy bills: Dirty ducts mean that your furnace and AC have to work harder to keep your home comfortable, and the harder your units work, the more energy they use up. Though duct cleaning isn’t always cheap, it can save you a bundle on your heating and cooling bills each month.
If you think it’s time for a cleaning, pick up the phone and call Fresh Ducts today! Our fast and friendly service makes us your number one choice for cleaning air ducts in Weber County, UT.