There are many reasons to have your home’s air ducts inspected, cleaned and sealed. Fresh Ducts takes the time to educate homeowners on all of the benefits that come with properly cleaned and maintained ducts. Check out some of the most common FAQs about duct cleaning below.
How are air ducts inspected?
Air duct inspections in Weber County, UT are done via a video feed that’s fed into your vents, down into the ductwork. This enables techs to see any areas of specific concern or buildup, as well as pathways for cleaning. It can also shed light on major problems, such as pest infestations.
Don’t get the run around – be sure to check our “Five Essentials” before you book a cleaning with ANYONE!
What kinds of contaminants are in my ducts?
Depending on your home or lifestyle, there could be any number of things lurking within your ductwork. Duct inspections in Weber County, UT can shine a light on numerous pathogens and help alert you to how they might be affecting your breathable air and quality of life. Some of the most common types of contaminants include:
- Mold colonies and spores
- Bacterial and fungal colonies
- Mildew and other microbes
- Pet dander
- Rodent droppings
- Dust and dirt buildups
- Pollen and other histamines
These things all depend on the integrity of your ductwork, the type of filter your furnace uses, the last time your ducts were cleaned, the age of your home and much, much more. This is why an inspection is so important.
How do dirty ducts affect me?
If there are any contaminants present in your ductwork, they’re going to be recirculated into the air you breathe every time your forced air system kicks on. This can lead to everything from a dustier home, to allergens in the air, to mold spores in the air and more. Itchy eyes, dry skin, coughing, sneezing and general illness can all follow, making your home generally uncomfortable and putting your health at risk…
But don’t just take our word for it – read the EPA’s 2018 Report on Indoor Air Quality and stay ahead of indoor irritants!
How do dirty ducts affect my HVAC?
Dirty ducts also affect your HVAC system’s integrity by making it harder to deliver forced air. As contaminants are blown through your ductwork they can get trapped in your filters, impeding airflow. Worse, they can get into the furnace and cause premature breakdowns, which mean big bucks in HVAC repair costs!
How often should I clean my ducts?
It’s a good idea to have your ducts inspected and/or cleaned every 5 years or so, depending on the capacity of your HVAC system. It’s also wise to stay up to date on furnace filter changes and basic HVAC maintenance, which can help keep your ducts free of debris.
Learn More about HVAC issues that could impact you
- Understanding the Risks of Indoor Space HeatersIndoor space heaters can often be used in the winter in order to easily heat up a single room or […]
- Strategies for Choosing an HVAC CompanyIt is crucial to ensure that you do your research when you are choosing an HVAC company. There are many […]
- Myths About Heating and CoolingIt is important to understand the various myths about heating and cooling. This is because some of these myths can […]
- Why isn’t your HVAC Effectively Cooling your Home?As the temperatures remain more consistently in the triple digits, it is possible that your home isn’t staying at a […]
- How Often You Should Clean your Air DuctsIt is crucial to ensure that your air ducts are cleaned on a regular basis in order to protect your […]
- Why is your Home Cooling Unevenly?If your home is cooling unevenly, it is likely that it is a rather uncomfortable environment. There are many reasons […]
- Tips for Preparing your HVAC for SummerPreparing your HVAC for summer is a very important process. The appropriate steps can help to ensure that your HVAC […]